The Little Man In The Map - With Clues To Remember All 50 States

The Little Man In The Map
By Schoolside Press
Written by E. Andrew Martonyi
Illustrated by Ed Olson
Click Here for The Little Man In the Map

The Little Man in the Map
is an imaginary story about… the little man in the map.

Go get your map of the United States. Really, go get it.

Can you see him.. the little man? Look for him near the middle of the United States.

I’ll give you a hint. His hat is Minnesota. There now… you found his hat.

How about his face - did you find it? That’s right, it’s Iowa with his big nose profile.

Now you see him, don’t you?

What’s that you say? Yes, Missouri is his shirt and Arkansas, his pants. Good job!

Can you find his boots? Right there at the bottom—it’s Louisiana.

You found him – the little man in the map. You never knew he was there did you?

His name is
MIM. He travels all over the map, (and this book), teaching you the names and locations of all 50 states.
From the day we got this book in the mail, my kids have been intrigued by it. It’s bright and colorful and full of fun illustrations. Before the younger ones even knew what the book was for, (basic U.S. geography) they liked it. JoJo, my three year old pumpkin, carries it around and asks, “Where’s the map?”, “Where’s Mim?”, and “Will you read it to me?”

MIM rhymes his way through these pages giving you clues and clever illustrations to remember all 50 states. It works great! My kids and myself have several of them memorized. Being a southern California girl, I’m still a little fuzzy in remembering the Northeastern states. I’ll work on it! I don’t want to give away all his secrets, but Andrew Martonyi’s MIM has me thinking about the Monster Montana, MAGS (the 4 table legs), and UCAN. You’ll have to buy the book to find out what I’m talking about.